VA » National Cemetery Administration » Veterans Cemetery Grants » Veterans Cemetery Grants Program - Grant Requirements
National Cemetery Administration
Veterans Cemetery Grants Program - Grant Requirements
- Federal Register, 38 Code of Federal Regulation, Part 39, Part II, Department of Veterans Affairs, State Cemetery Grants; Final Rule
- A grant request can only be made by a state, territorial or tribal government official.
- Title to the cemetery land must be vested in the state.
- The state must have written approval from VA of the final working drawings and specifications before the project is placed on the market for bidding.
- The law forbids retroactive approvals.
- The cemetery should consider a 50 year life span at minimum, however our program develops in 10 year increments
- The cemetery must have a 20 year life span at minimum.
- Veteran Cemetery Grants Program/Grant Information Kit
- Reimbursements and Payment Information