Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

National Cemetery Administration


Apply for a Headstone, Marker or Medallion by Mail

If you wish to mail your claim, please send it to:

Memorial Products Service (41B)
Department of Veterans Affairs
5109 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134-3903

Using the Veteran's military discharge or other supporting documents, fill out the VA Form 40-1330, Claim for Standard Government Headstone or Marker for a burial or memorial headstone or marker or a VA Form 40-1330M, Claim for Government Medallion for Placement in a Private Cemetery for a medallion. Be sure to include telephone numbers and signatures.

IMPORTANT - If this is a second request, or if you are requesting a replacement for an incorrect or damaged burial or memorial headstone or marker, you must explain this in block #27 of the claim.

When submitting a claim, whether by fax or by mail, it is critical that the claim be completely and accurately filled out. Errors and/or omissions of important information could cause lengthy delays, or may result in the delivery of an incorrect marker.

If you have questions concerning a headstone, marker, or medallion claim you may:

  • Call us toll-free at 1-800-697-6947 (Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM EST), or
  • Email us by going to the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page.