National Cemetery Administration
Order a PMC Using Our Toll Free Fax
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING VA FORM 40-0247
Application for a Presidential Memorial Certificate
NOTE: This toll free fax service is available for PMC requests for all veterans that are buried in a Private Cemetery, State Veterans Cemetery, and in a VA national cemetery. Some State Veterans Cemeteries automatically order a PMC for a veteran burial so please check with the cemetery administrator before ordering.
PLEASE - WHEN USING THE TOLL FREE FAX DO NOT SEND A PAPER COPY OF THE APPLICATION THROUGH THE MAIL
To ensure your application is processed quickly and the certificate is delivered without errors, please follow all of the steps below:
- Find a copy of the veteran's military discharge documents that shows Active Duty for other than training purposes.
- Fill out the application as completely as possible to include your phone number.
- Sign the application form before faxing. If the PMC is for the Next Of Kin (NOK), please have the NOK sign the form. VSO’s, Funeral Homes and agents of the veteran's family may sign the form if delivery is to their address. Please make the family aware of the PMC request whenever possible prior to sending the request.
Put your application form and supporting documents in your fax machine in the following order:
- Top – Application form (VA Form 40-0247);
- 2nd – Discharge Document (s)
Toll Free Fax Number: 1-800-455-7143
Important Message for VSO's, Funeral Homes and Other Businesses: Send one application package (application plus supporting document(s)) at a time. For this fax system to work as intended you must disconnect the call (hang up) and re-dial between each new application package.