Cemetery policies are conspicuously posted and readily visible to the public.
The cemetery will provide temporary flower containers. Three floral arrangements accompanying the casket or urn at the time of burial will be placed on the completed grave. Arrangements are removed from gravesites three days after the burial or when they become withered and unsightly.
Natural cut flowers may be placed on graves at any time of the year. They will be removed when they become unsightly or when it becomes necessary to facilitate cemetery operations such as mowing.
Artificial flowers may be placed on graves only during the period of Nov. 1 through March 31. In addition, potted plants will be allowed on graves for a period extending 10 days before and 10 days after Easter Sunday.
Christmas wreaths and grave blankets may be placed on graves from Dec. 1 through Jan. 31. They may not be secured to headstones or markers, and grave floral blankets cannot be larger than two by three feet.
Items should not be attached to or affixed on any headstone or marker.
Permanent plantings, statues, pinwheels, spinners, balloons, vigil lights, breakable objects and other non-floral related items are not permitted on the graves.
The Department of Veterans Affairs does not permit adornments which are considered offensive, inconsistent with the dignity of the cemetery or considered hazardous to cemetery personnel. For example, items incorporating beads or wires may become entangled in mowers or other equipment and cause injury.
Unauthorized decorations will be removed from the grave and held by the cemetery for not less than 10 days, except following Holidays when the volume of unauthorized decorations exceeds cemetery storage capacity.
The cemetery is not responsible for the loss or deterioration of floral arrangements, potted plants, vases, or any item left at a gravesite.
Permanent or glass floral vases are not permitted.
In order to preserve the dignity, beauty and serenity of Quantico National Cemetery, we ask you to please observe the following restrictions. Thank you for your cooperation:
- Pets are not allowed on the cemetery grounds at any time.
- No soliciting.
- Sports or recreational activities of any kind are prohibited.
- No picnicking.
- Public gatherings of a partisan nature are prohibited, no unauthorized gatherings are permitted. Committal shelters should be used for services only.
- Do not litter. Please use one of the many receptacles provided.
- Smoking is not allowed in any building or the committal shelter. Please dispose of cigarette filters in the designated receptacles.
- No cutting, digging or otherwise damaging the landscape.
- Boisterous activity, including the playing of loud music, is prohibited.
- Altering a headstone or marker in any manner is prohibited. (i.e., marking, sitting on, placing objects upon, or attaching photographs or keepsakes to, etc.)
- Please do not park on the grass.