National Cemetery Administration
Department of Veterans Affairs Cemeteries
Cemetery Listing - Tennessee
The Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) National Cemetery Administration maintains 136 national cemeteries in 40 states (and Puerto Rico) as well as 33 soldier's lots and monument sites.
Please note that there is not a VA national cemetery in every state. You may also want to check the listing of State veterans cemeteries.
Many states have established state veterans cemeteries. Eligibility is similar to Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) national cemeteries, but may include residency requirements. Even though they may have been established or improved with Government funds through VA's Veterans Cemetery Grants Program, state veterans cemeteries are run solely by the states. We cannot answer your questions or comments about any of these veterans cemeteries. Please contact the specific cemetery for information.
|Tennessee Department of Veterans Services
||312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue
Nashville, TN 37243
|Courtney Rogers, Commissioner
|East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery - Lyons View Pike
||5901 Lyons View Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
|Michael (Kevin) Knowles, Director
|East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery - Gov. John Sevier Hwy.
||2200 East Governor John Sevier Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37920
|Michael (Kevin) Knowles, Director
|Middle Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery
||7931 McCrory Lane
Nashville, TN 37221
|Robert Million, Director
|Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery at Parkers Crossroads
||693 Wildersville Rd.
Parkers Crossroads, TN 38388
|Marty Weed, Director
|West Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery
||4000 Forest Hill-Irene Road
Memphis, TN 38125
|James Lindsey, Director
National Cemeteries: Definition of Burial Space
- This cemetery has space available to accommodate casketed and cremated remains.
- This cemetery is closed to new interments. The only interments that are being accepted are subsequent interments for veterans or eligible family members in an existing gravesite. Periodically however, burial space may become available due to a canceled reservation or when a disinterment has been completed. When either of these two scenarios occurs the cemetery will assign such gravesites or columbarium niches to other eligible Veterans or family members at the time of the request. Since there is no way to know in advance when a gravesite may become available, please contact the cemetery at the time of need to inquire whether space is available.
- This cemetery has space available for cremated remains. We may be able to accommodate casketed remains in the same gravesite of previously interred family members.
State Cemeteries: Definition of Federally Funded and Unfunded
Not A VA Grant Funded Cemetery
The State has not applied for and received a VA grant to establish, expand or improve this veterans cemetery. The cemetery is owned and operated by a state.
VA Grant Funded Cemetery
- Grants are used only to establish, expand or improve veterans cemeteries that are owned and operated by a state. Aid is granted only to states, not to private organizations, counties, cities, or other government agencies.
- VA can provide up to 100 percent of the development cost for an approved project. For establishment of new cemeteries, VA can provide for operating equipment as well. VA cannot pay for acquisition of land.
- Cemeteries established under the grant program must conform to the standards and guidelines pertaining to site selection, planning, and construction prescribed by VA.
- Cemeteries must be operated solely for the interment of service members who die on active duty, veterans (as defined by federal law), and their eligible spouses and dependent children. States may impose residency requirements and other limitations to eligibility in addition to those imposed by federal law. State eligibility requirements, however, may not be less stringent than Federal requirements.
- The administration, operation, and maintenance of a VA-supported state cemetery is solely the responsibility of the state.
We cannot answer your questions or comments about any of these state veterans cemeteries. Please contact the specific cemetery for information.
NOTE: Many of the links above will take you outside the VA web site.