Veterans Legacy Grant Program: Application Information
Here's how you can tell whether we've already published an application notice in the Federal Register and whether the dates we list in this Forecast of Funding Opportunities are actual or estimates.
When we have published the Notice of Funds Available (NOFA) the official application notice will be listed in the Federal Register.*
Link to Notice: VA-NCA-VLGP-FY2023*
Electronic Grant Applications
The requirements and instructions for submitting applications electronically are in the Federal Register in the application notice for the competition. We strongly recommend that you begin researching a Veteran's cemetery near you and formulating your project proposal. Review the Under Secretary Memorial Affairs' (UMSA) priorities and be ready when the application has been released.
A 30-day open period will be established once the new Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is released. For questions, please contact the Veterans Legacy Grants Program.
We will host pre-application workshops about the Veterans Legacy Grant Program, the initiative and mission. Potential grantees and stakeholders will be able to ask questions and get clarification on the grant program, before the NOFA is announced.
Pre-Application Workshop Dates:
- Tuesday, January 10, 2023 (12 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET)
- Thursday, January 12, 2023 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET)
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023 (12 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET)
- Monday, February 6, 2023 (12 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET)
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 (1 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET)
Optional sixth date:
When the NOFO is published, additional contact information specific to that funding opportunity will be included within the notice.
* External Link Disclaimer: This page contains links that will open in a new tab and take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
National Cemetery Administration
Attn: General Inquiries
810 Vermont Avenue
Washington, DC 20420
MyVA411 main information line: